mercredi 12 février 2020

Alex-a-day

Yes it is ! I finally have one Alexa in every room (excepted in the toilets and in the garage) !

About 1 year ago, I only (!)  had 4 of them.
Right now, I have 7 of them in my house, and 1 more @ work...(unfortunately, drop-in is not able to go through firewalls - yes Amazon, this is feature request ;-) )

"Alexa is everywhere !"

So here is my typical "Alex-a-day" :

- 6:30AM : Wake up with Alexa in our bedroom, tuned in our favourite radio station, for news and zen music
- 7AM : When my wife leaves the bed, I say "Alexa, light" to launch the "dawn simulator" routine I wrote to wake me up progressively
- Ten minutes later, I exit the room and say "Alexa, I exit". She wishes me a pleasant day and will shut down music and light 15 minutes later.
- 7:15AM : In the bathroom, I say "Alexa, I am awake". Here again, I programmed her to ask me if I had a good night and then to play some country music on my favourite station at low level for 15 minutes, so that I don't even need to stop the music when going out...
- 7:25AM : In the entrance, my echo show displays the weather and the temperature of the day. Fine.
- Some decafeinated coffee and milk with my brand new Dolce Gusto, let's hear some more country in the living room...
- 7:45AM : Time to leave for school and work. "Alexa, stop".
- Too bad, I don't have an Alexa appliance in my car. Of course, I can use my phone and Music Unlilimed to play some music, but this ain't the real thing (yes, another "appliance request" : the "echo-car"...) NOTE : Too bad, it already exists !!!
- 8AM : Offline Amazon MP3s for the subway, because we have no mobile network in our subway network in Marseille...
- 8:30AM : Arrived in my office, "Alexa, hello !". Alexa tells me the éphéméride and wishes me a pleasant day, sometimes the only voice I hear during the day...
- 4PM : Some clicks and Amazon orders later, when it's time to leave, I say : "Alexa, goodbye !". She answers : "See you !".
- 5PM : Back @ home, it's time for a little cooking. Loud country music with kitchen's Alexa !
- 6PM : Door bell rings. Let's see who's there with Blink camera on the front door Echo Show
- 7:30PM : Family diner with pop music
- 8:15PM : Time for some hip-hop training for the girls
- 8:30PM : Evening shower with some more country or uptempo smooth jazz from my library while the girls are watching their series on Fire TV with almost full voice control of lights and home-cinema
- 9PM : "Alexa, ambience" in my bedroom. The two intelligent lights light up low and music plays @ low volume from my favourite station again...Some fire effect for the lights and fireplace on bedroom TV when we are in the mood for it...
- Some taps on our screens later, one episode of Elementary on Amazon Prime Video or Titans on Netflix...on my bedroom's Chromecast ultra !!!! (needed for Stadia ;-) I am not allowed to tell you more about it, I am an official Stadia tester !)
- When finished, a short drop-in to the living room to tell the girls it's time to go to bed
- And after that, a last vocal check to be sure of the alarm for the day after, and a last song before sleeping...

That's my typical Alex-a-day !

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire